Bereaved families and friends want lessons to be learnt following inquests so that others don’t experience the same loss.
There is currently no mechanism in place to gather data following inquests nor a process for reviewing this data or following up on whether actions promised after inquests were put into effect. The Preventable Deaths Tracker is trying to change that.
We are a small, dedicated team that has no core funding. With support, we could:
- Expand the Tracker database, making it more searchable and user-friendly
- Build interactive dashboards
- Conduct rapid analytics to identify and share preventable death “alerts”
- Assess response rates to PFDs to determine compliance with the law
- Create a page for each respondent, showcasing their responses and actions taken
- Compare respondee performance to increase transparency and accountability
- Conduct training on how to use the Preventable Deaths Tracker database
- Participant in more campaigning activities
- Deliver and respond faster to queries